HOW DOES XL TECHNOLOGY WORK
To understand how XL technology generates power for downstream facility loads which ultimately displaces and therefore reduces billed kW demand and kWh consumption upstream at the utility billing meter it’s important to understand the concepts behind Faraday’s Law of Electro-Magnetic Induction (EMI) and Lenz’s Law Electro-Magnetism and Conservation of Energy.
XL Power Generation, Power Conditioning and Protection
XL Technology is based on dynamic, passive and resonance-free magnetic induction modules that operate on the principles of Faraday’s Law of Induction (the basic law for Electro-Magnetism), and Lenz’s Law of Electro-Magnetic Circuits and Conservation of Energy.
- Specifically, XL technology is an Electro-Magnetic Induction (EMI) based energy conservation system that Generates Power for each phase through multi-coiled chokes (Chokes). Depending on the XL model there’s 1 Choke per phase configured at the correct voltage requirement.
- Power is generated every ½ Hz cycle in the five (5) Coils contained in each Choke due to the changing magnetic fields of nonlinear (out of phase voltage and current) 60 Hz alternating current (AC) supply power being magnetized by six (6) C-shaped ferrite core legs in each Choke.
- Generated power is returned to the electrical system in adjacent phases through the magnetic phase coupling of phase Chokes.
In addition to the patented Electro-Magnetic Induction (EMI) Chokes and magnetic phase coupling of Chokes f used for Power Generation, XL product technology also contains capacitors, metal oxide varistors (MOVs), resistors, filters, step-up transformers and isolation transformers that provide:
- Superior Power Conditioning of AC supply power which provides energy cost savings and operational efficiency of connected loads, including power factor correction and
- Superior Spike & Surge Protection which protects electrical systems and connected loads from damaging electrical conditions.
Click on this XL-3D-3480V Schematic Link to understand more about the XL technology.