- The underlying XL product technology began 20 years ago as an electrical engineering contract to invent and implement a superior
voltage spike & surge and lighting protection system for a large cold-storage facility.
- After two (2) years of Research & Development (R&D) the initial electrical protection system was significantly expanded into
today’s multi-faceted USES® Energy Conservation & Protection System.
- Specifically, USES MFG integrated power generating electro-magnetic induction (EMI), power conditioning and power factor correction
circuitry with the electrical protection system. The R&D breakthrough resulted in the “1st Generation” CMES Series product technology which had 100,000+ installations worldwide when the XL-Series
product technology was announced in July 2012.
- The XL-Series represented 40% to 50% performance increase over its predecessor CMES product technology.
- USES MFG INC. continues to collect energy conservation results from key XL System installations to support ongoing R&D product
improvements and development.