XL SYSTEMS ARE EASY TO INSTALL AND CONNECT TO ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
1. XL Systems are modular, scalable and maintenance free. They can be configured to address the electrical conditions and operational loads of any facility type and size.
2. XL System are passive and resonance free which means they have no adverse impact on existing electrical systems because they do not produce unwanted surges, harmonics, transients or other irregularities.
3. XL Systems are installed in parallel with existing electrical distribution systems
4. XL Systems can be installed:
- centrally on Main Distribution Panels (MDP) located at utility service entrance(s),
- distributed closer to loads on subpanels,
- locally on line side of equipment controllers such as Variable Speed Drives (VFD), Motor Control Centers (MCC), line side of large inductive loads
- or any combination of the above.
5. Up to eight (8) XL modules can be connected to a dedicated XL Subpanel with 100A breakers per XL 480V module.
6. When there are no spare breakers or breaker space available in customer's MDPs or subpanels, then dedicated XL subpanels are configured with their own main breakers sized to accommodate the number of XL modules connected. This allows dedicated XL subpanels and XL modules to be safely disconnected from customer’s electrical system.
7. When only 1 or 2 XL modules are required for a specific location, then they’re typically connected to a fused Disconnect Switch which in turn is connected to the customer’s MDP, distributed subpanel and/or line side of equipment controllers like Variable Speed Drives (VFD), Motor Control Centers (MCC), line side of large inductive loads or any combination of the above.